Helping Our Combat Wounded Warriors & Their Families
Call Us Today To Donate 888-414-4483
Vehicle Donation Experts Available to help you 24/7
Programs & Outreach
Thanks to your vehicle donations, all services and assistance programs provided to wounded and disabled veterans and their families by Purple Heart are completely free. Below are some of the many local and regional programs that we provide for our dedicated service men and women.
Purple Heart National Service Officer Program
- Provides veterans' benefit experts at various veterans administration regional offices, hospitals, vet centers, and state and county veterans facilities.
- Annually provides available assistance to ALL Veterans, their dependents, widows and orphans.
- Processes veterans' claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, veterans' preference, housing, death and burial benefits.
- Serves on President's committee for employment of people with disabilities.
- Assists in identifying and helping homeless veterans.
Purple Heart National Appeals Office Located in Washington, D.C.
- Provides quality and professional representation for veterans whose benefits have been denied at the local VA regional office.
Purple Heart Court of Veterans Appeals
- One of five national veterans organizations presenting veterans' claims before the court.
- One of only four organizations with a full time attorney at law to represent veterans.
- Court decisions can affect rating decision in thousands of veterans' claims. Successful representation protects all veterans.
Purple Heart National Outreach Programs
- Provides services to veterans in rural and urban areas.
- Reaches handicapped and destitute veterans unable to go to a VA regional office.
- Educates veterans on their benefits and entitlements.
Purple Heart Educational Scholarship Programs
- Perpetual scholarships established in 30 colleges/universities for students or professionals whose curriculum/discipline is oriented toward serving the handicapped.
- Tuition assistance awarded annually for sons and daughters of Purple Heart recipients.
- The Scotland School for disadvantaged children and orphans of veterans.
- Seed money was provided to Gallaudet University to establish Music Appreciation curriculum for the hearing impaired/profoundly deaf.
- Computer training for veterans and/or spouse.
Purple Heart Representation Before Congress and the White House
- Monitors legislation affecting veterans.
- Works for legislation to benefit all veterans.
- Guards against cuts in current benefits.
- Testifies before U.S. Senate and House Committees/Sub-Committees involving veterans issues.
- Addresses issues affecting all handicapped/disabled.
Other Programs Funded by the Purple Heart Services Foundation
- Special disaster relief funds.
- The Chapel of the Four Chaplains.
- The Freedom Foundation.
- Nurses Scholarship Program.
- Operation Holiday for hospitalized veterans.
- The Veterans Administration Voluntary Service in its hospitals and nursing homes.
- The United Service Organization (USO).
- The Veterans Wheelchair Games.
- Support programs for child victims of sexual and physical abuse.
- Donates/provides medical equipment, ambulances, vans, air-med evacuation, transportation, clothing, and emergency food and shelter to improve the quality of life for veterans in need.